Health Benefits of Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
There are so many poses that one can practice while they are practicing yoga but certain asana are there which has some extraordinary benefits. Each and every asana has its own benefits but today we are going to discuss the Paschimottanasana or the Seated Forward Bend. This asana is a seated forward bending asana in the hatha yoga world and also is considered a form of exercise in the modern world. This pose has many benefits and helps one deal with problems like asthma, diarrhea and also back injury. This also helps in deal with any problems which are related to the spine but in such cases, this must be performed under a supervisor.
In Yoga school in Rishikesh, this pose is used to treat all these cases and is considered one of the most important level 1 poses. Students can use a blanket under their knees if they want because in case your body is stiff this pose can be a little bit of a problem. Before you begin to do this pose you can have yourself sitting in a position of balasana, janu sirsasana, uttanasana. Also, while doing this pose you are not to force yourself to complete it as this may have a negative effect.
Now let us discuss what are the benefits of this pose-
- Calms the brain- After a long day, all you want is a little bit of calmness, or while you begin your day you want a fresh start. This pose will help you acquire you your inner calmness and sanity. When you do this early in the morning your body will get a fresh and solid start and you will be pumped up with energy.
- Stress relief- This is a great stress buster and helps you release all your stress. You can also have light music been played while you do this pose in order to have a greater effect. This pose makes you feel positive and changes your mindset as your practice it each and every day.
- Helps you fight depression- If you are someone who is fighting with depression and feel very low at times then the seated forward bend is one such pose that will help you fight your depression. This pose is practiced early morning under nature’s eye with mild music will have the best results of all time.
- Helps fight the spinal problem- As the pose aims at stretching the spine and your back this will help you deal with any of your spinal issues. The starch will help you release your pain also if you have heavy pain do this exercise under someone’s supervision.
- Shoulder- This pose also helps you deal with your shoulder problem. This will search the shoulder and will reduce the pain or any issue in their giving you relief.
- Harmsting- This pose stretched the hamstring and relaxes it to make it strong and this prepares your hammering well and reduces the chances of any injury in near future.
- This pose will help you improve your organs like the liver, kidney, and This pose puts pressure on your stomach thus if you are having any problems in these areas this pose is beneficial. Also, women with any issues like PCOD, PCOS, etc can practice this asana to get relief.
Yoga Teacher Training Course: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- Improves digestion- If you have problems in your digestion and suffer from problems life constipation this pose is surely meant for This helps in improving digestion by working on the digestive organs.
- Helps in any problem related to menstruation- As already discussed heps in PCOD, PCOS but apart from these two this also helps in dealing with menopause and issues that are related to menstrual discomfort. Any woman having issues related to menstruation can practice this as it works for
- Helps you fight headache- Anyone having problems with migraines, sinus, headaches can regularly practice this pose and it soothes these problems. This pose helps in fighting these and in a way calm your body. One of the best poses for people who are suffering from sinus and migraines.
- Helps fight high blood pressure- Along with diet control, people having high blood pressure should highly practice this pose as it helps in this problem.
- Helps in fighting infertility- This pose helps you fight infertility and works on it. If you practice this pose regularly you will get positive results in this aspect and thus will reduce any complications here.
- Insomnia- Patients having insomnia should definitely practice this pose as the seated forward bend worked on it. This will reduce the high tendency of insomnia.
- Reduces obesity- One of the hot topics of all time is obesity and belly fat and this pose plays a wonder in reducing obesity as well as belly fat. Thus if your want to reduce these ad work on these aspects start working on this pose.
Thus these are all the benefits and reasons why one should practice the Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend). If you do this pose daily then surely you will get benefits and this pose will help you fight many problems.
Related Blog: Health Benefits of Frog Pose